Dear Parents and Youth Hockey Players,
BHB is excited to share with you the details of our upcoming youth hockey tryout process for Squirts/10U/12U Levels. These tryouts are a crucial step in forming our youth teams and providing young athletes with the opportunity to develop their skills, build lasting friendships, and foster a love for the game.
Below, you will find essential information about the tryout process:
- Squirts/10U/12U Tryouts will take place Monday, October 2nd – 7th, 2023. The schedules for these levels are posted on our website at www.bismarckhockey.com/girls or www.bismarckhockey.com/squirts.
- Groups will change throughout the week for Squirts only. Those new groups will be released the day before the next try-out session. The new groups will only include jersey numbers so, please have your player let you know which jersey number he/she has.
- Players should only arrive at the tryout time 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- Your player will need to check in upon arriving at tryouts - if they fail to check in or if they fail to get a jersey number assigned to them, they will not be evaluated. They MUST check in each day. They will keep the same jersey throughout the entire week.
- Players will also need to hand in their cell phones if they come with a cell phone. It is ideal if they do not bring their cell phone to the tryouts.
- Parents/spectators are NOT allowed at tryouts - you must drop off your skater and leave. Parents are allowed to attend the game day on Saturday, October 7th, 2023.
- Game schedules will be released prior to the Saturday session of tryouts.
- If your child is not listed or is listed in the wrong group, please let us know as soon as possible so we can update things on our end.
- Tryouts will look a little different this year as our evaluators will not be using the TeamGenius app as we want our evaluators to focus on watching each player rather than inputting data. Due to the fact that we are not using the TeamGenius app, we will not be sending off evaluation reports after the tryouts like in years past.
- Tryouts will consist of skill assessment drills and small area games.
- Teams will be released no later than October 18.
Locker Room Monitors: BHB is still looking for locker room monitors otherwise we will not be utilizing them during tryouts. Locker room monitors are required to complete Safesport training and a background check, along with registering with USA Hockey and Bismarck Hockey Boosters. More information on being a monitor is included here. Parents are allowed to be locker room monitors, but will have to refrain from observing actual tryouts. If you are able to help with this during tryouts, please sign-up here.
We are excited to witness the talent and enthusiasm of our young players during these tryouts. Our goal is to create a positive and nurturing environment for youth hockey development, and we look forward to welcoming new and returning players to our program.
If you have any questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.